Meetings & Events
Meetings: Meetings are open to the public and are held the first and third Tuesday of each month starting at 7:00 p.m. until 8:30 at the Mercy Hill Church (formerly Mount Calvary Baptist Church). The address is:
Mercy Hill Church
287 Mt. Calvary Road
Marietta, GA 30064
We meet in the metal sided building known as the "Wee School" in the front conference room. It is a nice place. We hope to see you there!
On the first meeting of each month we try to have a speaker to give a talk on subjects of interest to our members. Many times these talks are given by the members of the club but we often try to bring in guests who have a specialty area to share.
The second meeting of each month is dedicated to the “Find of the Month”. This is an opportunity for each member to bring in items that the have personally found since the last Find of the Month. There are four categories which finds may be entered:
- Single Relic
- Single Coin
Club Hunts: The club will usually hold at least 1 coin hunt and 1 relic hunt each year. To participate in these hunts you must be a paid member prior to the day of the hunt, and have attended one club meeting prior to the hunt. The club hunt rules are in our constitution and they essentially are:
• The participant must be a paid member one month before the hunt date and must attend at least one meeting prior to each club hunt.
• The fee for the hunt is $20. Children under 13 are free as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult family member that is participating in the hunt.
• When the hunt has ended, any token for prizes that are found out in the field or that have not been turned in will become null and void.
• No prizes will be given out until the hunt has ended.
• If the member cannot stay until the hunt ends, you will have to forfeit your prize tokens or find someone who can turn them in at the end of the hunt for the appropriate prize.
Shows: Each year in early August the club will hold the Southeastern Civil War Show.
Various: During the year there are many activities that do require the forming of committees to organize and plan. Some of these are Relic Hunt, Coin Hunt, Speaker of the Month, Show Advertising, Donations and many more. We ask that all members help by volunteering when the call goes out.