New Club News
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
=========================================As a reminder, we have an upcoming club meeting this coming Tuesday - November 6th - at the Mt. Cavalry Church. As noted in a previous note, we will meet in the bottom section of the main church (as our normal meeting room will be used for US November Elections). This will be a business meeting, including items on:
- Upcoming Club Banquet
- Plans for the December Christmas Party
- 2019 Board Election information
- 2019 Club Charity Donation information
=========================================We noted at the last meeting that with this coming Tuesday being Election day, we may not be able to use our normal meeting room at the Mt. Cavalry Church as that room may be used for voting. Brad contacted me and noted that they are planning to use our normal space for voting, so we will meet in the Main Church in the bottom area. You need to park by the church, on the side opposite from where we normally park. For those who ordered pies from the folks at the church, they are there now and we can get them from the freezer at the church location.
=========================================As a reminder, our club's fall banquet is coming up shortly. The banquet will be held at the Brookstone Country Club on Saturday, November 17th. I will post a follow-up note on the time of the event. The schedule for the banquet is as follows:
- Banquet starts at 5PM
- Dinner starts at 6PM
- Harper Harris will be our guest presenter
- Club Members only raffle prize giveaway (each club member gets to choose from a variety of prizes; including silver coins and relics)
- Club Raffle (open to club members and guests - the raffle prize will be a Fisher F-75 detector)
At our October business meeting, Rod Hall proposed the following change (in writing) to a club amendment regarding how officers are elected to the club Board. Rod's amendment is as follows:
I wish to make a motion that the nominations for officers be closed the meeting prior to the election meeting.
Currently, our Article 7 of our club's constitution reads as follows:
- The President will appoint a nominating committee of at least three members at the first meeting in November of each year. the nominating committee will present a proposed slate of offices for the coming year at the first meeting in December. Additional nominations may be made from the floor. Elections of officers will be held at that meeting.
What Rod's proposed change would mean is that there would still be a nominating committee to create a proposed slate of offices for the club members to vote on at the first meeting in December, there could be no floor nominations made at the December meeting. Per Article 10 of our club's constitution:
- An amendment to the Constitution and by-laws may be proposed by any member. it must be submitted in writing to the President who will have the proposed amendment on display at the next two meetings. Also, a verbal notice will be made at the meetings. At the third meeting after the amendment has been on display, the amendment will be considered for adoption. A two-thirds vote of the members present will be necessary for the adoption of the amendment.
NOTE: The dates are finalized for the 2019 show for August 10th and 11th, 2019
NOTE: We no longer meet at the Marietta Public Library off the square. Some construction there has necessitated that we move to a new location at:
Mount Calvary Baptist Church
287 Mount Calvary Rd.
Marietta, GA 30064
It is just a few yards off Dallas Highway and only about 3.5 miles west of the Marietta Square. The meeting room is in the metal building called the "Wee School" (primary function is for children's classes) on the back of the property. We meet in the front room. It is easy to find. Hope to see you there.